Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lunar eclipse

     Last weekend the Aghbari tribe got together for a night of meshakik (meat on a stick sort of like shish kabob). We had a great time hanging out and telling stories. I have now reached that point in the Arabic language where I can understand most of what people are saying. It's a bummer that it took this long to achieve this kind of status, but Arabic isn't easy. Four months of living in Oman have very much helped me become near fluent in this language.
     After that Aghbari get-together, my host family returned home, we got changed and then went outside to hang out outside and watch the lunar eclipse. It wasn't a full eclipse; only partial. But still fun and cool to think that only those in the Eastern Hemisphere could witness it this time.
Osama (my host brother - 11) and I

He can make the weirdest faces sometimes!

Ahmed, Doolie, and Osama

The best photo my camera could take of this stellar event.

Rain these past two weeks has flooded different parts of northern Oman. This is a lame picture of one of the roads that quickly became a river.  Since Oman only gets 3.9 inches of rainfall a year, there is no drainage system. This year is quite the exception, however.


No comments:

Post a Comment